Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama has selected nine medical students to receive a Blue Cross-funded scholarship to the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) in Dothan, Alabama.
Congratulations to the following ACOM medical students:
- Sheri Ann Frickey of Lecanto, FL.
- Yelizaveta Agayeva of East Windsor, NJ
- Erin Britt of Cullman, AL
- Coleman Kidd Cosgrove of Auburn, AL
- Anthony Bianchi of Tallassee, AL
- Robin Christina Conley of Hueytown, AL
- Elijah Fox of Mobile, AL
- Deseree Sherelle Arleen Prentice of Mishawaka, IN
- Whitni Michael of Dothan, AL
Recent studies show there is a shortage of primary care physicians and thousands of Alabamians lack access to primary care doctors.
To help meet this need, Blue Cross is investing in the future of our Primary Care Physician Network by making available $3 million in scholarships over a three-year period to the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine. This scholarship opportunity is for students agreeing to practice as primary care or behavioral health physicians in an underserved area of Alabama.